Day's drive stopped on a cart path, and the Australian hit a 95-yard approach to 5 feet to set up the winning birdie. "Actually, I had no idea where it finished," Day said. "And I was very fortunate to finish on the cart path." After the teams finished at 19 under in regulation at Rio Secco Golf Club, Nick Watney and Cristie Kerr -- coming off a victory Sunday in Mexico in the Lorena Ochoa Invitational -- pared the par-4 18th hole to force a second extra hole. Watney holed a 45-foot birdie putt on the final hole in regulation to force the playoff with the burner 2.0 irons . Davis Love III also played for the PGA Tour, and Natalie Gulbis completed the LPGA Tour lineup. The Champions Tour trio of Bernhard Langer, Fred Funk and Tom Lehman finished six strokes back. Only the two best scores on a hole from the three-player teams counted in the total. Kerr helped the LPGA rally, birdieing Nos. 14-17 with the taylormade burner 2.0 irons . "The women went 14 under on the back nine, but Nick holed a great, great putt to tie it," Day said. "Nick and I birdied the 18th and Davis birdied the 17th. Everybody won this as a team." Day led all players with nine birdies, while Watney and Lewis each made eight, and Kerr had seven. Lewis and Kerr each had five of their birdies on the back nine holes for the LPGA team, which trailed the PGA Tour team by five shots after nine holes. Gulbis had the lone eagle, holing a 30-yard chip on the par-5 15th.
Odpowiedz