Youngest player ever to win the British Amateur; a T-13 finish as an amateur at the 2009 British Open; youngest player ever to win a European Tour event. These are the kind of achievements that might lead you to believe the Italian phenom is on track to be golf's next superstar. But for that to happen, says his coach, Alberto Binaghi, Manassero has to get longer off the tee. "When he was 16 and 17, he was probably one of the straightest players I've ever seen in my life, and I played for 17 years on Tour," Binaghi says. "He'd hit the fairway and the middle of the green every time with his scotty cameron putter . But his old swing didn't give him enough distance." Adds Manassero "I needed to hit it higher that to give myself better chances to win on all kinds of golf courses." Manassero's accuracy stemmed from swinging the club a little inside going back and a fraction outside coming down, producing a solid, consistent hit. He maintained a flat left wrist through impact, which kept the clubface square to his target longer. "Matteo's swing of the best scotty cameron putter for sale online in the past had a faster tempo compared to now," Binaghi says. "He was trying to generate speed and power by turning the lower body very quickly through impact. But he was spinning out with the hips, which forced him to have passive hands through impact. It was a safe swing because it was very accurate, but it's hard to put the ball up in the air that way." Without even looking at the driving stats, Binaghi knew his pupil needed more distance. They are now developing a swing that allows the still-growing teen to tap into his increased size and strength. Manassero says he has added seven pounds of muscle since putting more time into working out. "The idea is to deliver that weight into the ball," he says.
Zaloguj się, aby oddać głos