He's got a new caddie and a new home in the United States. Lee Westwood hopes those changes translate into victories this year, starting with the Dubai Desert Classic that begins Thursday. The eighth-ranked Englishman has been a runner-up at Dubai three times, including last year when he led after three rounds but lost to Spaniard Rafael Cabrera-Bello. Westwood missed a seven-footer on 17 that could have tied, and one on 18 to force a playoff with the fabulous golf clubs for sale. After missing the cut at the PGA Championship last year, Westwood split from coach Pete Cowen and temporary caddie Mike Waite. Mike Kerr, normally on the bag for Alvaro Quiros, took over. Westwood also moved to Florida with his family in December after rejoining the PGA Tour with the golf clubs for sale in 2012. The move to Florida, Westwood said, has allowed him to play much more golf in the offseason - he was out last week with Luke Donald - than he's done in the past when England has been frigid. "I feel like I'm coming out running," Westwood said, adding that his short game and putting with the golf clubs for sale have shown the most improvement. "Hopefully, I will come out and be competitive," he said. "We've seen recently some of the best players struggling to find their competitive edge. I feel like I'm playing well and I have a chance." Westwood, though, has yet to replace Cowen and isn't looking to overhaul his swing like Tiger Woods has in the past. The Englishman has been practicing more and "doesn't feel rusty at the moment."
Odpowiedz