In the five previous years of the FedEx Cup playoffs, surgery or a combination of injury/poor play kept Tiger Woods from the finale in Atlanta three times. But on the two occasions he did get to East Lake, Woods walked away with the FedEx Cup trophy and a $10 million bonus both times. The possibility still existed as he teed off in the final round of the Tour Championship on Sunday with his discount golf clubs but quickly evaporated as Woods played the first six holes in 4-over par, including a double-bogey at the sixth. That left him needing a high finish and some help in order to win the FedEx Cup, neither of which was forthcoming. Woods shot 2-over-par 72 with his taylormade rocketballz irons to finish tied for eighth, 8 strokes behind Brandt Snedeker, who also claimed the FedEx Cup. Rory McIlroy, who was tied for 10th in the tournament, was second in the FedEx Cup, earning a $3 million bonus. Woods finished third, with a $2 million bonus. It wasn't what he came here for, but Woods took the big-picture view with his official PGA Tour season having come to a conclusion in 2012. "Coming off the last couple years, it's nice to be where I'm at and to be able to play with the rocketballz irons for sale online in these things," Woods said. "I played well pretty much all four playoff events. I had a rough last round at Barclays. But other than that, it was a pretty solid four tournaments. "Considering where I was at last year, it's nice to be where I'm at now. I was obviously struggling with my health last year, and this year I was able to turn it around and I played some pretty good golf this year, which was good.''
Odpowiedz