Bernhard Langer shot a 2-under 70 to take a three-shot lead after the second round of the Champions Tour's ACE Group Classic on Saturday. Langer, who had a 10-under 62 in the first round with the discount golf clubs , picked up where he left off with a birdie on his first hole. He made 11 straight pars after that, birdied No. 13, and had a par on the last five holes in windy conditions. He is at 12-under 132. "(I) actually played some good golf today, had several chances, a little bit unlucky with some of my putts," Langer said. "There's a bunch of them that just went over the edges and none of them dropped. I didn't make a bogey in these tough conditions." Taiwan's Chien Soon Lu and Tom Pernice Jr., who was runner-up last week in Boca Raton, Fla., are tied for second at 9-under 135 with his taylormade rocketballz irons . "I'm going to have to play a good round," Pernice said. "Bernhard's playing awfully well, regardless whether it's calm or whether it's windy." Lu double bogeyed the first hole, and then birdied seven of the next 10. He bogeyed No. 18. Pernice had four birdies and a bogey. He birdied two of his last six holes with the fabulous rocketballz irons for sale . The wind picked up just before the leaders teed off and only got stronger as the day went on, gusting to 30 mph. The wind is forecast to be strong again Sunday. "Well, just about on most of the shots you had to ... make adjustments, allowances for either into the wind or crosswind or downwind, either way," Langer said. The 55-year-old Langer won this event in 2011 and was runner-up last year. Mark O'Meara was next at 8 under. Mark Wiebe, Jay Don Blake and John Huston are another stroke back.
Odpowiedz