England's Poulter, 36, wins his fourth cap, while Belgian Colsaerts, 29, makes his debut in the 28-30 September events. Colsaerts played his golf with the fabulous golf clubs for sale on the Challenge Tour - Europe's second tier event - in 2009. "I am living proof if you want something badly, put the work in and have passion, it can happen," he said. "It has been a fairy story. It is something I have wanted since I was a little kid. To be part of such a big team for a captain with such good history is something I'm very proud of." The 10 automatic choices - those players who topped the rankings after Sunday's Johnnie Walker Championship - are Rory McIlroy, Justin Rose, Graeme McDowell, Paul Lawrie, Francesco Molinari, Luke Donald, Lee Westwood, Sergio Garcia, Peter Hanson and Martin Kaymer. US-based Poulter, who struggled with pneumonia earlier this season, has built a reputation as a fearsome match play exponent with his taylormade rocketballz irons . He said: "I'm thrilled. To get the call last night from Jose was a great moment. I want to pour some passion over the 18 holes at Medinah like I know best." Poulter, who made the first of his three previous appearances in the biennial event in 2004, could have take one of the automatic spots had he chosen to play in the Johnnie Walker Championship. A 35th-place finish would have overhauled former world number one Kaymer, but Poulter opted to stay in America. Colsaerts, who won the World Match Play Championship in May with the best rocketballz irons for sale online, could also have sealed an automatic place with a top-two finish at Gleneagles, but his share of 19th meant the out-of-form German Kaymer held on to the final qualification place, despite also opting to miss the event. Captain Olazabal explained Colsaerts, the longest hitter on the European Tour, won him over by showing his desire to play in the Ryder Cup. "The guy has shown a lot of heart and a lot of character," he said. "The Ryder Cup is difficult but I think he has the game. It is a long course and I think he can take advantage of that." Colsaerts will become the first Belgian to compete in the Ryder Cup and will also be the only rookie in this year's side, compared to the six that played in Wales. England's Poulter, 36, wins his fourth cap, while Belgian Colsaerts, 29, makes his debut in the 28-30 September events. Colsaerts played his golf with the fabulous golf clubs for sale on the Challenge Tour - Europe's second tier event - in 2009. "I am living proof if you want something badly, put the work in and have passion, it can happen," he said. "It has been a fairy story. It is something I have wanted since I was a little kid. To be part of such a big team for a captain with such good history is something I'm very proud of." The 10 automatic choices - those players who topped the rankings after Sunday's Johnnie Walker Championship - are Rory McIlroy, Justin Rose, Graeme McDowell, Paul Lawrie, Francesco Molinari, Luke Donald, Lee Westwood, Sergio Garcia, Peter Hanson and Martin Kaymer. US-based Poulter, who struggled with pneumonia earlier this season, has built a reputation as a fearsome match play exponent with his taylormade rocketballz irons . He said: "I'm thrilled. To get the call last night from Jose was a great moment. I want to pour some passion over the 18 holes at Medinah like I know best." Poulter, who made the first of his three previous appearances in the biennial event in 2004, could have take one of the automatic spots had he chosen to play in the Johnnie Walker Championship. A 35th-place finish would have overhauled former world number one Kaymer, but Poulter opted to stay in America. Colsaerts, who won the World Match Play Championship in May with the best rocketballz irons for sale online, could also have sealed an automatic place with a top-two finish at Gleneagles, but his share of 19th meant the out-of-form German Kaymer held on to the final qualification place, despite also opting to miss the event. Captain Olazabal explained Colsaerts, the longest hitter on the European Tour, won him over by showing his desire to play in the Ryder Cup. "The guy has shown a lot of heart and a lot of character," he said. "The Ryder Cup is difficult but I think he has the game. It is a long course and I think he can take advantage of that." Colsaerts will become the first Belgian to compete in the Ryder Cup and will also be the only rookie in this year's side, compared to the six that played in Wales.
Zaloguj się, aby oddać głos