Summary: The Final Cut Pro won't import XAVC-S files from Sony FDR-AX100 smoothly. The easy workaround is to transcode Sony XAVC-S to a more "edit" friendly codec- Apple ProRes for FCP(X). Here is how. I plan to purchase the Sony FDR-AX100 4K camcorder that was just announced at the CES last week. Sony has had a consumer camcorder on the market since last September (the Sony FDR-AX1) which uses the same XAVC-S codec as the not yet released Sony FDR-AX100. What I’m looking for is some tips on editing this 4K XAVC S format in Final Cut Pro (X). I am hopeful that editing XVAC S footage on the new Mac Pro will be possible without the large file sizes produced by transcoding. Searched widely and further, I got some tech support from some guys but not from Apple. Sony FDR-AX100's XAVC S codec video is MP4 format. Final Cut Pro support MP4 video importing although, the XAVC S video codec is a new one. Final Cut Pro even the latest FCP X doesn't support Sony XAVC S MP4 well. To import and edit Sony FDR-AX100 footage in Final Cut Pro smoothly, one possible solution is to convert Sony FDR-AX100 XAVC S to ProRes codec for FCP. Now I share the guide with you how to convert XAVC S footage to Final Cut Pro friendly format using Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac- a best Mac XAVC S Converter. With it, you can effortlessly encode/re-encode XAVC-S encoded MP4 ootage from Sony FDR-AX100 for smoothly importing and editing in various non-linear editing systems (NLE), including Final Cut Pro X, FCP 6/7, iMovie, Final Cut Express, Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, etc. If you're using a Windows PC, please turn to its equivalent Windows version- Brorsoft Video Converter, which can help you solve the XAVC-S incompatibility on Windows XP/7/8.How to Losslessly Convert Sony FDR-AX100 XVAC-S to Final Cut Pro on Mac1. Download, install and run the XAVC S to FCP Converter; click "Add Videos" icon to load your source XAVC S videos from Sony AX100.2. Click “Format” bar and choose “Final Cut Pro >> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)” as output format for editing XAVC S in FCP with natively supported video codec.3. Click "Settings" button if you’d like to customize advanced audio and video parameters like Video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sample rate, audio channels.4. Hit the convert button, it will start converting Sony FDR-AX100 XAVC S to ProRes .mov for importing to Final Cut Pro immediately. Soon after the conversion, just click “Open” button to get the generated files for natively editing in FCP 6/7/X perfectly.More Topics:How to transfer Sony XAVC videos to iMovieImport Sony F55/F5 XAVC clips in Final Cut ProTop 5 MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac Reviews | 2013 - 2014Workflow for Panasonic AG-AF100 AVCHD to Avid Media ComposerHow can you transfer a DVD to Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1/12.2/8.4 TabletsBest Workflow for Sony HXR-NX3 and Avid Media Composer Source:Sony FDR-AX100 XVAC-S to ProRes for Final Cut Pro 6/7/X  
Zaloguj się, aby oddać głos