what I tried to do is streaming big convert MKV to ps3 which connected to home theater.
1. had ps3 media server installed. ps3 found my PC
2. Got a big mkv file, over 9GB single. converted to mpeg2 with mkv2vob successfully.
3. ps3 found the file, BUT can't play it.
1. Does ps3 only recognize the file less than 4 G? if yes, that could be the problem.
2. Does mkv2vob convert the file and automatically split them to chapters which can be played like real blu-ray disc?
3. if question is no, then what is the solution?
4. do we have to convert mkv to something ps3 can read? or is there program we can install in ps3 and make it play mkv
How can I use the DivX Codec Pack to stream .mkv files to my Playstation3 or Xbox? This is what ps3 users are facing.Can PS3
play MKV files? No, PS3 can't support MKV natively. You need to convert MKV to a PS3 supported format. To do this, a
professional MKV to PS3 converter is essential. Next, I'll show you the whole process of how to transfer your MKV files to
PS3 for smooth playback in detail.
Before doing this, you need to download this great mkv to ps3 converter, CloneDVD video converter (video converter for
mac).It can help you convert MKV files to a best format for PS3 just with a few clicks. Now, you can follow the tutorial
below step ty step to play MKV on PS3.
Step 1: Import your target HD MKV video by clicking Add File button. After then, all your MKV video information are checkable
through the File List Windows.
Step 2: Choose To Sony as main category and To PS3 as output format. And To PS3 HD helps you get 1080p Full-HD movie, say the
output resolution can reach to 1920 x 1080.
Step 3: Set output destination by clicking Browse button.
Step 4: Right click Start button to begin your MKV to PS3 conversion.
If you are win user who like to convert avi to mov , convert mkv to avi , you can try to use CloneDVD Studio Video Converter.