"After he was satisfied that he had the proper expression, tiffany jewelry outlet he would write tiffany sets it out. If one tiffany engagement rings examines the originals of Mr. Lincoln's michael kors handbags outlet telegrams and letters, he will find very few erasures and very little interlining. tiffany rings This was because cheap michael kors 2013 outlet he had them definitely in his mind before writing them. "In this he was the exact opposite of Mr. Stanton, who wrote with feverish haste, often scratching out words, and interlining frequently. tiffany charms Sometimes he would seize a sheet michael kors outlet online which he had filled, and impatiently tear it into pieces." HAMLIN MIGHT DO IT. Several United States Senators urged President Lincoln to muster Southern slaves into the Union Army. Lincoln replied: "Gentlemen, I have put cheap mk purses outlet thousands of muskets into the hands of loyal citizens of Tennessee, Kentucky, and Western North Carolina.  They tiffany bracelets have said they could defend themselves, if they had guns. I have given them the guns. Now, these men do tiffany co outlet not believe in mustering-in the negro. If I do it, these thousands of muskets will be tiffany outlet turned against us. We should lose more than we should gain." Being still further urged, President Lincoln gave them this answer: "Gentlemen," he said, "I can't do it. I can't see it as you do. You may be right, and I may be tiffany and co outlet wrong; but I'll tell you what I can do; I can resign in favor of Mr.  Hamlin. Perhaps Mr. Hamlin could do it." The matter ended there, for the time being. THE GUN SHOT BETTER. The President took a lively interest in all new firearm improvements and inventions, tiffany keyrings and it sometimes happened that, tiffany pendants when an inventor could get nobody else in the Government to listen to him, the President would personally test his gun. A former clerk in the Navy Department tells an Michael kors outlet incident illustrative. He had stayed late one night tiffany & outlet at his desk, when he heard some one striding up and down the hall muttering: "I do wonder if they have gone already and left the building all alone." Looking out, the clerk was surprised to see the President. "Good cheap michael kors Bags store outlet evening," said Mr. Lincoln. "I was just looking for that man who goes shooting with me sometimes." michael kors outlet stores The clerk knew Mr. Lincoln referred to a certain messenger of the Ordnance Department who had been accustomed to going with him to test weapons, but as this man had gone home, the clerk offered his services.  Together they went to the lawn south of michael kors purses outlet the White House, where Mr. Lincoln fixed up a target cut from a sheet of white Congressional notepaper. "Then pacing off a distance tiffany cufflinks of about eighty or a hundred feet," writes the clerk, "he raised the rifle to a level, took a quick aim, and drove the round of seven shots in quick succession, the bullets shooting all tiffany & co outlet around the target like a Gatling gun and one striking near the center. "'I believe I tiffany necklaces can make this gun shoot better,' said Mr. cheap mk bags outlet Lincoln, after we had looked at tiffany earrings the michael kors store online result of the first fire.    
Zaloguj się, aby oddać głos