A man has been arrested on suspicion of shooting and wounding a golfer after an errant ball broke a window at his home. Jeff Fleming, 53, is accused of firing at a pair of golfers at the 16th hole at Lakeridge Golf Course on Thursday, striking the one who hit the home in Reno. The golfer was treated for minor injuries to an arm and both legs. The suspect's neighbors told investigators that it was a "common, everyday deal" for stray golf balls to hit their homes with the discount golf clubs , police Lt. Keith Brown said. "The neighbors were shaking their heads, and we were shaking our heads, and no one could put rhyme or reason to this (shooting). It's crazy," Brown told The Associated Press. "I've been an officer for 25 years, and if you're here long enough, I guess you've seen everything." The area around the 16th hole at Lakeridge was evacuated after the shooting with the taylormade rocketballz irons , police said. Fleming drove to a Reno attorney's office, where he surrendered without incident. The lawyer, Larry Dunn, did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment Friday. Fleming has an unlisted phone number and could not be reached for comment. Fleming was booked at the Washoe County jail on felony charges of battery and assault with a deadly weapon. He was released early Friday after posting $40,000 bail. He's scheduled to appear Oct. 4 in Reno Justice Court. The injured golfer with the great rocketballz irons for sale online apparently didn't even realize he had broken the window, and was looking for his ball when Fleming went to find the golfer with a shotgun, Brown said. "It's my understanding he shot first and then started an argument," he said. "I'm not really sure what finally set him off. The only thing we can come up with is he became angry when the ball shattered the window. The good news is that no one was seriously hurt."
Odpowiedz