Phil Mickelson was left to wonder where it all went wrong as he fell to 77 in the first round of Farmers Insurance Open. Mickelson has won three times at Torrey Pines, but he looked all at sea on Thursday despite almost perfect condition score at the South Course. Four-time major champion mixed five bogeys and two birdies for a score of five-over-par 15 to end the day full of lead shot. He even had two great chances to birdie the last two holes, but failed to convert when he posted the second highest score at an event he has played burner 2.0 irons Graphite at 23 times. "I had some good days training and I'm ready to play," Mickelson told reporters. "I do not know what happened. I just could not focus. "Obviously, I made some bad changes just in the wrong spot and so forth, but I felt like I taylormade burner 2.0 irons Graphite ready heading in. I do not know what to say about the score because it was pathetic." Asked why he had trouble focusing, he replied: "I just did not put the ball where I wanted to and see it clearly I ended up making a lot of changes where I missed the ball in the wrong place .." Mickelson was bullish ahead of the event, said he fully expected the running come Sunday, but much like after the first round at the Humana Challenge last week, two more than 74, he has left himself with plenty of work to do. "It's a little disappointing that the first round here and the first round last week have been so poor, because I felt really ready and sharper than I have in a long time starting the year," he said. "So to shoot those numbers, I do not understand." At least he will play the second half with mp 64 irons on much easier North Course, leaving him with a glimmer of hope of making the cut. "There is an opportunity tomorrow to go really low over on the North Korea if you play well," he said. "I birdied 17 today and I thought I had a birdie on 18, but I missed that little one there. ( mp 64 irons for sale ) "That will make me to the point where I thought if I could shoot six or seven under par on the North, I at least get here for the weekend and build some momentum."
Odpowiedz