U.S. Women's Open champion Na Yeon Choi won the Titleholders on Sunday to turn a great season into her best one yet. Locked in a battle with So Yeon Ryu along the back nine, Choi pulled away with a wedge that had to hit a tiny spot on an elevated green with three tiers. It came off perfectly, spun to 3 feet for birdie and Choi took it from there. She closed with two pars for a 2-under 70 and a two-shot victory with the scotty cameron putter . The 25-year-old from South Korea won for the second time this year, and she captured the two biggest paychecks on the LPGA Tour. She won $500,000 at the Titleholders, pushing her season earnings to a career-best $1.9 million. Ryu, honored this week as the LPGA Rookie of the Year, hit 3-wood into about 25 feet for a two-putt birdie on the 13th to tie for the lead. But on the next hole, she didn't account for the wind making her 30-foot birdie putt faster than it looked with the fabulous scotty cameron putter for sale . The putt went some 6 feet by the hole, and a three-putt bogey cost her share of the lead. She never caught up. Brittany Lincicome also closed with a 70 at The TwinEagles Club for finish alone in third. Karrie Webb had a 69 to finish another shot behind. Inbee Park was never in the hunt, though she still felt plenty of pressure in the final LPGA Tour event of the year with her k15 irons . She needed to make sure she didn't stumble in the final round to capture the Vare Trophy for the lowest scoring average, and she handled that with ease. Park had a 70, while Stacy Lewis had a 74. Lewis is the first American since 1994 to be LPGA Player of the Year. Park took the Vare Trophy and money title, the only woman to earn more than $2 million this year. "I'm really happy with how I played with my ping k15 irons this season," Choi said. "I won my first major and even this tournament is very big for me. I think I can have even bigger expectations now and think I deserve it." She is becoming known as "Big Apple" because of her initials - NYC - and she sure knows how to pick the right fruit when it comes to prize money. Choi showed she had the mettle to win big events with her first major this summer at Blackwolf Run in the U.S. Women's Open, the biggest purse in women's golf. And she finished off the year with a solid putting stroke in the final round, and a delicate touch with a wedge on the reachable par-4 16th.
Odpowiedz