When you turn a light off in a room, can you still see the light bulb for a little while? Of course, you can and this is where the light bulb theory comes from. One of the best putting lessons I received happened right before I started my journey from a 22 handicap to a 14. This tip changed the way I putt completely. The pro that gave me the tip told me to look at the hole for a few seconds, then look at the ball, and take my stroke. This allows my mind to remember where the hole is and hit the putt closer with Cheap Golf Clubs to the target more often. This is the last part of my putting routine and when I started doing this I saw more putts go in more often. How often do you hear golfers talk about starting the ball a couple inches outside the cup? How often does Johnny Miller say it was a right or left edge putt? Do you know why this is a horrible way to look at putts when you read them? If you read a putt as a right edge putt, chances are you will miss it on the right edge. This tells you mind the target is the right edge and not the actual cup. Johnny Miller doesn't help amateur golfers by referring to putts in this way and about 80% of what he says during a tournament is horrible for an amateur golfer or any golfer for that matter to hear. Instead of viewing putts this way, look at the hole like it is the face of the clock. Picture the golf ball with Cheap Golf Clubs going into the cup at a specific part of the face of a clock. You may see it going in a 4 o'clock or even 3 o'clock, depending on how much break you think the putt will have. By picturing the ball actually going in the cup, you make the cup your target and you will see more putts go in. Did you know the first three feet of a putt is the most important? If you miss your line on the first three feet, you cannot make the putt. This is why I recommend you pick a spot about three feet from the ball to line up your feet and your putter with. Then, if you roll the ball over that spot, you will have started your putt on your intended line.
Odpowiedz