Three-time champion Meghan Stasi and Liz Waynick each won two matches Wednesday at Briggs Ranch to advance to the U.S. Women's Mid-Amateur final. The 34-year-old Stasi, from Oakland Park, Fla., beat Andrea Kraus of Baltimore 2 and 1 in the morning quarterfinals with the discount golf clubs, and routed Laura Coble of Augusta, Ga., 6 and 5 in the semifinals. Stasi, the 2006, 2007 and 2010 winner in the event limited to players 25 and older won six straight holes with the discount golf clubs to finish off Coble. Stasi birdied the last three holes. "I'm going to need that rest for tomorrow," Stasi said about the short match. The 52-year-old Waynick, from Scottsdale, Ariz., beat 2004 champion Corey Weworski of Carlsbad, Calif., 2 and 1 in the quarterfinals with the great discount golf clubs, and edged Stacy Dennis of Huntsville, Texas, in 20 holes in the semifinals. "I'm speechless," Waynick said. "I'm just ecstatic right now, I couldn't be more grateful. This is the highlight of my life." Stasi is attempting to join Ellen Port as the only four-time champion.
Odpowiedz